NuCulture original recipe #8 – Creamed Spinach is an iconic side dish served in upscale Chop Houses throughout the world. And for many, it’s a holiday staple. This recipe offers all the creamy decadence without the dairy guilt!
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet yellow onion, minced
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 container NuCulture Garden Herbs Creamy Cashew Spread
- 2 bunches spinach, stemmed and chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic and stir until lightly toasted. Remove garlic from the pan.
Add the remaining oil to the pan and sauté onions until translucent. Pour in the broth and heat through. Now add the NuCulture Garden Herbs Creamy Cashew Spread and heat until melted.
Working in batches, add in the spinach and fold gently until the spinach just wilts but remains a vibrant green.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper and nutmeg and top with the toasted garlic. Serve immediately.
Share your ideas or favorite pairings at www.Facebook.com/NuCulture.
Recipe ©2015 NuCulture Foods.
#GardenHerbs #CreamyCashewSpread #NuCultureFoods